Hope to be cast in dharmendra ji’s biopic: harman
Did you know the actor who played young Dharmendra in Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani is Rannvijay’s brother? We speak to him
Syeda Eba Fatima (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 24, 2023)

Those who watched Karan Johar’s Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani (RARKPK) couldn’t miss the striking resemblance of the actor who plays the younger version of Dharmendra to the veteran actor. The person in question is Harman Singha, actor-host Rannvijay Singha’s younger brother.

“The team was not sure they would find someone who looks so close to how Dharmendra ji did in his younger days. When I sent my pictures, they were sent to Dharmendra ji and he really liked them. He said, ‘Mujhe isse milna hai’,” he tells us, adding, “I hope someone makes his biopic and casts me (laughs).”

Interestingly, Harman says he was not aware of the fact that he’d play a young Dharmendra in the film, while giving his screen test. “I was briefed that I’ve to play a character that looks like someone from the yesteryear. So, I sent them my pictures in a blue blazer, with medals and hair pulled back. Within a day, Karan Johar’s team finalized me,” he recalls.

While Harman’s stint in RARKPK is getting all the attention, the actor reveals it was only two years ago that he decided to give acting his best shot. “I always thought Rannvijay is the on-camera talent, I’d be this cool writer-director guy and together, we will be a great combination! It was much later that I decided to turn to acting after several people [from the industry] told me I have potential,” he shares.

As he tries to cement his position in the industry, the 35-year-old shares how his elder brother is his biggest support. “Rannvijay has always told me to go all out with whatever I want to do. He gives me the confidence [to do so]. Now, I am desperate to do some great work with directors such as Hansal Mehta, Shoojit Sircar and Vidhu Vinod Chopra. I can be furniture on their sets! Successful hone ke liye thoda besharam hona padta hai,” the actor wraps up.