Divya Kaushik (BOMBAY TIMES; August 1, 2023)

Food, family and her furry pals – that’s what Sanjana Sanghi’s visits to Delhi is all about. During her recent visit to the capital, the actress spoke to us about her favourite hangout spots here, why her heart belongs to the city and the films she has lined up.

‘I miss being with my family and my dogs when I am in Mumbai’
Sanjana says that she keeps looking for opportunities to come to Delhi. “Though I stay in Mumbai for work, my heart lies in Delhi. I try coming to Delhi an evening before I have an event or take a late flight the next day so that I can have dinner with friends and family and see my nana. I am definitely greedy when it comes to spending time in Delhi,” says the Dil Bechara actress.

Talk about Delhi food, and Sanjana says that her favourite memories from her school and college days are all about food. “During my recent visit to the capital, I was at Lodhi Road, which used to be my regular hangout spot when I was in Modern School, Barakhamba Road. Every day after school, we used to drive to Khan Market and get burgers and cold drinks. I went to Lady Shri Ram College, and Amar Colony, which is at a stone’s throw distance from the college, has the best chur-chur naan (from the outlet under the Moolchand flyover). We used to also gorge on tandoori momos from Amar Colony Market. I haven’t explored Gurgaon that much when it comes to food. To be honest, main na puri Dilli ki hoon, meri Gurgaon ke liye utni loyalty nahi hai. Though I have visited Cyber Hub and One Horizon Center, the feeling is not the same as walking around in Khan Market or Connaught Place.”

It’s a busy year for Sanjana
The actress is gearing up for the release of her two films and says that this will be the busiest year for her. “I just finished shooting for my next film Kadak Singh which is a father-daughter drama with Pankaj Tripathi. The other film Dhak Dhak is also ready for release. It is a story of four women riding bikes from Delhi to Ladakh. Both these films will release in the next couple of months,” says Sanjana, adding that for actors like her, there are a lot of opportunities today, but one has to deal with a lot of uncertainty.