Vahbiz: I will take a stand if trolled for looking the way I do
Syeda Eba Fatima (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 10, 2023)

After facing nasty body shaming on her Barbie video, actor Vahbiz Dorabjee took to her Instagram Stories to give it back. The Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahani actor tells us that she is extremely sensitive about the topic. “I saw this happen with my mother (Firoza Dorabjee) while growing up,” shares Dorabjee, adding, “She was Miss Pune. After giving birth, she started putting on weight and I saw so many people pulling her down for that.”

Witnessing the trauma related to body shaming gave the 37-year-old courage to not take it lying down. “My mum could not speak her mind, but I have a platform to do so. People who know me are aware that I am very comfortable in my own skin and will take a stand if trolled for looking the way I do,” she says.

The actor recalls that at a certain point in her career, a health issue caused her to start gaining weight and consequently face constant public scrutiny for it. “My confidence got shattered. I would break down and cry, thinking, ‘What am I paying this price for?’” she recounts.

Eventually, Dorabjee was able to accept her body. “When it kept on happening, it made me unbreakable. My perception towards my body also started changing. And when I began to respect myself, everyone around also started respecting me,” ends the actor.

Vahbiz: I will take a stand if trolled for looking the way I do