Abdu Rozik expresses his desire to buy a house in Mumbai someday

Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; August 2, 2023)

Abdu Rozik loves visiting Mumbai. He finds a lot of things fascinating about the city, including the cutting chai, vada pav, and auto-rickshaw rides. “I’d love to have my own house in Mumbai someday,” says the Bigg Boss 16 contestant, who is from Tajikistan.

He was recently in the city to shoot for Prateek Sharma’s fiction show Pyaar Ka Pehla Naam Radha Mohan. Talking about his acting debut on Hindi TV, Abdu says, “I had an interesting cameo; I played a character called Abdu, a cute and harmless kidnapper. It was refreshing and a challenging experience.”

The singer acknowledges the language barrier but says he is confident that he will ace his dialogues with practice. “I know language is a barrier. However, when one delivers a dialogue with the right tonality and expressions, it reaches the audience. Hindi is a very beautiful language. Although I know only a few words of Hindi, I managed my dialogues for this show with rehearsals,” says Abdu.

In a previous chat with us, while talking about his love for India, Abdu shared, “India is like my second home and I love the country. I have set up my first business here and hope it does well. I would love to buy a house in India.”

After he participated in Bigg Boss 16, Abdu was later seen in a special appearance on Bigg Boss OTT Season 2 and the ongoing 13th edition of the stunt reality show, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi. he went to Cape Town to support his friend and former Bigg Boss contestant Shiv Thakare.