‘I TELL MY KIDS TO TAKE TROLLING WITH A PINCH OF SALT’
Kajol, who turns 49 today, believes in using humour to deal with trolls online
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 5, 2023)

Kajol is known for her wit and humour and often shuts down trolls on social media with tongue-in-cheek responses. Celebrating her 49th birthday today, the actor says, “I talk to [my children] Nysa (20) and Yug (12) about trolling and tell them to take it with a pinch of salt. How will you respond to everything? Roz kuch na kuch bol rahe hain log.”

She was recently seen in Lust Stories 2 and The Trial and has been receiving a lot of appreciation for her OTT outings.

Kajol’s daughter, Nysa, who often gets papped at parties and airports, has often been subjected to trolling. To this, Kajol says, “I tell my kids, ‘Please don’t pay attention to it. Think for yourself’. That’s the biggest message I want to send out to everyone on my birthday — start using your own brains instead of listening to people you think are important on social media. They are not.”

Thanking her fans, who have stood by her whenever she was trolled, Kajol says, “I am grateful. I love, that people say I have broken norms. It feels really special.”

ON BIRTHDAY RITUALS
“The biggest birthday ritual is that I meet everyone I love. I call them home with a lot of authority, especially my family, because I don’t get to meet them all through the year because of our hectic schedules. Mera birthday hai toh haq jataa ke bol sakti hoon ki zaroor aana.”