Divya Kaushik (BOMBAY TIMES; August 3, 2023)

Meghna Naidu, who grew up in Mumbai and moved to Dubai after her wedding, has done extensive research on Delhi’s markets. Among the prominent shopping destinations in the capital, Chandni Chowk stands out for her. The actress, best known for her performance in Kaliyon Ka Chaman, says she now knows Chandni Chowk well enough to guide anyone.

“Chandni Chowk is a khazana for shopaholics. Main ab itna ghoom chuki hoon uss market mein that I keep telling people ki agar kisi ko ab sair karne jana hai Chandni Chowk toh mujhe le jao as a guide,” shares the actress, adding, “The other markets that I have explored here are Greater Kailash andLajpat Nagar.”

Meghna recalls her first visit to Chandni Chowk in November last year, just after Diwali, which left her enamoured. “When I told people I was going to Chandni Chowk, everyone warned me against going alone. They said akele matt jana, it is very crowded and not safe. However, I decided to venture out solo. To my surprise, from the rickshaw driver to every person I encountered on the streets, everyone was incredibly helpful. I was amazed by the immense variety the market offered, and the price range was equally satisfying,” she shares.

The actress, who moved to Dubai after her marriage to Portuguese tennis player Luis Miguel Reis in 2016, is planning to move base to Goa in October this year since she has some acting projects to focus on. The actress, who was last seen in Sasural Simar Ka, says that she has recently finished shooting for a short film and has been getting more acting offers now.

“I think I have never been as busy with work as I am right now. I am planning to move to Goa in October and will keep travelling to Mumbai for work. My husband is someone who doesn’t like sitting in a car for more than 10 minutes, so keeping in mind Mumbai’s traffic and pollution, that city is really not the place for him. I am glad that I am getting more opportunities now than earlier. I think it is because there are so many platforms and such varied kind of content being made today that there are more opportunities for actors today,” says Meghna.