Adarsh Gourav is hopeful people would ‘embrace’ him as a singer
Syeda Eba Fatima (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 1, 2023)

His acting chops may have got him into the limelight, but Adarsh Gourav is equally passionate about music. The trained Hindustani classical singer is now hoping to win hearts with his compositions. “I’m focusing on two songs at the moment. The plan is to record them and have them out by the end of the year,” the Extrapolations actor tells us.

Ask if there are any inhibitions about putting himself out there as a singer, and Gourav says, “Ultimately, it’s about the quality of music and singing. I don’t see any reason why people wouldn’t embrace me as a singer as long as what I’m doing is not pathetic.”

His aim is to make the kind of music that feels “personal” to him. “That is a mixture of music that I’ve grown up listening to — right from A R Rahman and Jagjit Singh (composers) to Pink Floyd (band),” says The White Tiger (2021) actor, who had also sung a track for one his films, Banana, which never got released.

“I sang for a couple of other films, too. One was Subhash Ghai’s Black & White (2008); I sang the chorus with Sukhwinder Singh,” he reveals.

Excited about his musical endeavours, the 28-year-old says he intends to go with the flow. “I’m not looking at it in a way that I have to do 100 stage shows in a year. I want to enjoy it (singing),” he ends.