bharti singh photoshoot
Syeda Eba Fatima (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 23, 2023)

Bharti Singh is content posting vlogs of her daily routine and her one-year-old son Laksh (aka Golaa) on her YouTube channel. The reason the actor-comedienne is investing time in the channel is because her fee has been affected due the Coronavirus related budget cuts. “No artiste would be fine if they aren’t paid what they deserve. Agar main jo charge karti thi, uska 25% bhi nahin doge, toh fir kaam nahin ho payega,” says Singh, who had a cameo in Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani.

The 39-year-old further adds, “I won’t mind if it was a day’s work, but if you ask me to give 26 days in a month to a show and I’m not being paid well, I would prefer to take a step back, kyunki main apne bacche ko 12 ghante ghar par chhod kar aaungi.”

Speaking about her work ethic, she explains that she doesn’t like to complain or “say things like, ‘Main one lakh leti thi, ab 50 hazaar le rahi hu, toh sirf teen jokes maarungi’”. She adds, “Once I’m on stage, I don’t remember how long I was asked to perform or how much I was paid.”

She says, her vlogs allow her to spend “time with Golaa, who is growing up [so fast]”. She adds, “I want to enjoy these moments. Ye waqt mujhe wapas nahin milega.”