The actress talks about working with Sridevi and her career plans
Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; August 18, 2023)

Actress Navika Kotia, who was last seen in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlataa Hai, essaying the role of Maya, had to quit the TV show owing to health issues in September 2022. However, after a short break, the actress is set to return with a new show titled Kyunki... Saas Maa, Bahu Beti Hoti Hai, where she will play the lead role.

Navika says, “Not many know that I played a child actor in Yeh Rishta in 2010. A decade later, I was offered to play a grown-up, which I was happy to take up. However, within a few months, I fell sick and had to be admitted to the hospital. So, I had to quit the show last September. Now, I am gearing up for my new TV show.”

Navika began acting when she was five and was a part of a number of shows, including Dil Mil Gaye, Ek Hazaroon Mein Meri Behna, Vishwas, Saath Phere and Kasam Se. She has also acted in Bollywood films like English Vinglish where she played Sridevi’s daughter.

Talking about sharing screen space with Sridevi, she says, “Working with the legendary actress was a learning experience. She was extremely professional and took her work seriously. I admired that about her. It was wonderful working with her and I feel sad that the industry lost such a talented actress so soon.”

Very few child artistes have made it big in showbiz after growing up. Mention this to Navika and she says, “I think things have changed now. My friend Ulka Gupta, who started her career as a child actor, is getting good work on TV. There are more examples too. I have made a conscious effort to effort to look different now. I used to be quite plump, but I have lost those extra kilos. Once I decided to pursue acting as a career, I decided to work on myself."