Kohrra star Suvinder is thrilled as fans compare him with Irrfan
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 28, 2023)

Where was this guy? What has he done in the past? — these are some of the questions that have been doing the rounds on social media, as the recently released crime thriller Kohrra continues to receive rave reviews. And with it, the star of the show, Suvinder Pal Vicky, is on cloud nine for finally being recognised for his talent.

“This show has gone viral. I am experiencing this for the first time in my life and my career,” exclaims the actor, who has been working in the industry for nearly two decades.

The 50-year-old goes on to reveal that some have even drawn comparisons between his acting skills and the late actor Irrfan’s unmatched versatility.

“That has been a dream come true moment. The thought that they compared me with him is a big thing for me. I have done nothing in front of him, so it is a huge honour. I have looked up to him and his work since theatre days,” shares the artiste.

In the past, Vicky has featured in projects such as Chauthi Koot (2015), Milestone (2020), Udta Punjab (2016), Kesari (2019) and the web show CAT (2022). He will next be seen in Punjab '95, which is set to be featured at the prestigious Toronto International Film Festival this year.

“I’m so excited about it. Kehte hain bura waqt hamesha nahin rehta, and jab achcha hota hai toh sab achcha hota hai. Aaj wahi ho raha hai mere saath. After Kohrra, my next film is getting a global stage,” shares the actor, brimming with enthusiasm and hoping that his recent successes open doors to more opportunities in Bollywood and beyond.

Kohrra star Suvinder is thrilled as fans compare him with Irrfan