‘Patience and compassion’ behind Nehha’s weight loss journey
Navya Kharbanda (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 28, 2023)

Actor Nehha Pendse’s weight loss journey has been inspiring fans on social media. In a recent post, the 38-year-old, who’s lost eight kilos, shared a before-and-after picture of her transformation. “I know my body keeps fluctuating in terms of how it looks. I also know what is the best and worst of what my body can look like. This awareness laid the foundation for my weight loss journey,” says Pendse.

The Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai! actor doesn’t believe in setting huge goals within a short time when it comes to weight loss. “I focus on understanding my body’s needs, and strive for gradual, sustainable progress. I had an honest conversation with myself where I thought, ‘I know I can look a certain way and I don’t want to put any mental pressure on myself, but can I try to achieve what we did at some point?’ There is a lot of patience and compassion in that process, instead of thinking, ‘Kuch bhi ho jaaye, mujhe maheene mein four kg kam karna hai,” she says.

Pendse credits her weight loss to eating a balanced diet, cutting her caffeine intake and staying hydrated. “I eat cheese, ghee, cream and even whole eggs. And I saw noticeable results within just 20 days,” she wraps up.