Taarak Mehta... row: Sohil blasts Jennifer
Syeda Eba Fatima (HINDUSTAN TIMES; June 24, 2023)

Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah actor Jennifer Mistry Bansiwal filed an FIR levelling charges of sexual harassment against producer Asit Kumarr Modi, showrunner Sohil Ramani and executive producer Jatin Bajaj. Now, Ramani has hit back:

“If she had so many problems with the show and the producer, why did she come back in 2016? Nobody forced her. She messaged Asit bhai, ‘Main sudhar gayi hoon, sir mujhe ek mauka do’. I’m unable to understand her issues.”

Ramani’s surprised to be dragged into the FIR, calls it “a publicity stunt”. He rues, “I don’t understand what grudge she has against me. I was only doing my job. She misbehaved on set and left for personal reasons without informing us.”

Supporting Modi to take legal action against her, he says, “I’ve told the police everything in my statement recorded around 15 days ago. From CCTV footage to screenshots, we have proof”, but refuses to share them with us.

In response to Ramani’s current claims, Mistry retorts, “When I joined in 2016, I didn’t have too many major issues. But, problems started in October 2018 and in March 2019, Asit sexually harassed me. I also have call recordings of Sohil shouting and misbehaving with me.”

Taarak Mehta... row: Sohil blasts Jennifer