Feels nice to come down from an XL to size M
Navya Kharbanda (HINDUSTAN TIMES; June 6, 2023)

Kishwer M Rai recently shared pictures and videos from her weight loss journey on Instagram. The actor, who gave birth to her son, Nirvair Rai, in August 2021, was initially not too bothered by the pregnancy weight. But with time, she realized she had to get fitter. 

“I was enjoying my motherhood journey, so I didn’t care much about the weight. In fact, I featured in three TV shows — Fanaa - Ishq Main Marjawan, Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan season 4 and Dear Ishq,” she tells us, adding, “But then, there was a time when I couldn’t even sit on the floor...I had never seen myself like that (with extra weight). It took me some time and now I am back to being medium-sized. It just feels nice!”

In April this year, Kishwer began following a strict workout regime. Last week, she shared a video on Instagram of her transformed self, writing, “Still a long way to go”. The 42-year-old says, “I lost 10 kilos, right after my delivery. The video I shared was after [I had lost] an additional four kilos in the last two months. While the weight loss hasn’t been much, I am more concerned about the inch loss. The waist size I used to wear was 34; now I have come down to 31.” 

Kishwer credits her husband, singer-actor Suyyash Rai, for constantly motivating her. “We both put on a lot of weight when I was pregnant (during Coronavirus lockdown). For him, it’s very easy to lose. But that’s not the case with me. Once I put it on, it’s very difficult to get rid of it. He kept motivating me, saying, ‘Don’t worry, you’ll get there’,” she shares.