I don’t want my kids to get carried away  by glamour
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; May 13, 2023)

Actor Sunny Deol’s son, actor Karan Deol, is back in the spotlight due to his wedding news. In the days when star kids are plastered over magazine covers, and are faces of high-end brands without even making their debuts, the Deols have ensured that their lads keep it low-key.

Actor Bobby Deol wants his sons, Aryaman (21) and Dharam (17), to lead a “normal life”. He says, “They are not special. Though they are my kids, I don’t want them to get carried away by glamour, because it can take you away from things. That is why we (Deols) are like that. I was brought up that way.”

Sharing what his sons wish to pursue professionally, Bobby confirms that they want to get into acting. “Both my sons will become actors. They are studying… My son (Aryaman) is graduating from New York University. I’m very proud of him,” he adds.

In the meantime, Bobby, 54, is “trying to challenge” himself as an actor. From doing bold scenes in OTT projects to debuting down south — the actor doesn’t “fear anything anymore”. He is quite excited about his next, director Sandeep Reddy Vanga’s Animal. “I am a big fan of Ranbir (Kapoor; co-star). He is an awesome actor. Working with him was fun,” he adds.

Despite such enticing projects, Bobby is not satisfied: “You never get the platter that you are looking for.” He adds that he now wishes to do “an emotional family drama”.

I don’t want my kids to get carried away  by glamour