Prithviraj lashes out at claims  of making propaganda films, paying fine to ED
HINDUSTAN TIMES (May 13, 2023)

Actor-director Prithviraj Sukumaran reacted vehemently to allegations made against him by the YouTube channel, Marunadan Malayalee, which reported that he has been making propaganda films and was forced to pay ₹25 crore to the Enforcement Directorate (ED).

The 40-year-old shared a statement on Instagram that read: “It has come to my attention that the YouTube channel by the name Marunadanmalayali has published a false and defamatory story, alleging that I have paid a fine of Rs. 25,00,00,000 pursuant to proceedings initiated by the Enforcement Directorate and am making propaganda films. The allegations are devoid of any truth, is malicious, and defamatory. I am initiating legal action for the false and defamatory allegations that have been made against me. I hereby request all responsible media channels to ensure that any further reporting on the allegations are done only after the facts are verified and confirmed (sic).”

The Kaduva (2022) actor added, “I usually tend to ignore these because terms like “ethical journalism” are fast becoming redundant in the times we live in. But there is a limit to prorogating absolute lies in the name of “news”. This is a fight I intend to see through to the end (sic).”