IT WAS A CONSCIOUS DECISION TO TAKE A STEP BACK: PANKAJ
Pankaj Tripathi explains why he kept a low profile in the first half of 2023 and what kept him busy
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; May 12, 2023)

Pankaj Tripathi has kept a low profile in the year so far. The actor admits that staying away from the limelight was a deliberate move. “Since I was seen a lot on screen over the last two years, it was a conscious decision to take a step back. I am a low-key person. I just work and head back home. I have many projects releasing in the second half of 2023. So, I thought it is better for me to keep it low-key in the first half of the year,” Tripathi tells us.

The 46-year-old adds that with projects like Gulkanda Tales, Mirzapur season 3, OMG 2, Fukrey 3, Murder Mubarak, Father and Metro... In Dino releasing this year, “work-wise, everything is on track”. Sharing what kept him busy, the actor says that contributing towards the development of his village, Belsand (Bihar), over the last few months gave him a lot of satisfaction:

“The school where I studied was a primary school. Since it has now become secondary, it needed some work. So, the principal reached out to me. That’s how I got involved in bettering its infrastructure. I also got a solar system installed.”

Tripathi adds, “The main reason for me to get involved was to inspire the students studying there. I also helped them build a library.”

The actor feels it’s his way of staying connected to his roots. “It was important for me to contribute towards the development of my village because my life’s foundation was laid there. Whenever I get time, I head to Belsand. My parents still stay there. Last year, I supervised the planting of 500 trees in the area with the help of the local authorities. It gave me satisfaction,” he ends.