Viral: Mithun Chakraborty's daughter-in-law Madalsa Sharma dances with mom Sheela on popular Justin Timberlake song

Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; May 14, 2023)

Madalsa Sharma says she was inspired by her mother Sheela Sharma to step into showbiz. She recounts that as a kid she would watch her mother on the big screen and feel proud. Madalsa, who has become a household name with the TV show Anupamaa, says, “I got into this profession seeing my mother. I have some beautiful memories from my childhood. We are a small close-knit family dad, mom and me. My mom would travel across the globe for work, and I have been with her on some shoots. My fondest memory is accompanying her for the shooting of the film Ajnabee (2001) in Switzerland. I was a kid and enjoyed myself on the set playing and chatting away with the stars and everyone else without any inhibitions (laughs!).”

On Mother’s Day today, the actress says she is proud of her mom for how progressive she is and the fact that she always wants to learn. The mother-daughter duo often makes reels and videos on social media, and they have a blast while creating such content.

“She is today’s mom, and she is very well-versed with social media. We both enjoy making reels for ourselves and our audience,” says Madalsa.

Sharing the valuable advice her mother has given her so far, she says, “My mom has been part of the industry for the last 40 years and she has always guided me. I have taken her suggestions and advice at every point. I hope that I make her feel proud of who I am today as I draw a lot of inspiration from her.”

She further adds, “At this stage of her life, I would love to see her relax a bit, but she does not want that. She is excited to work today just like any youngster. Even now, she shoots regularly.”