Shivya Pathania on being trolled for her recent bikini pictures
Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; May 31, 2023)

Shivya Pathania faced some nasty comments recently after she shared pictures of herself in a bikini on social media. Subsequently, she addressed the issue on her Instagram page, highlighting the unfortunate trend of women being subjected to body shaming for their choice of clothing.

When we reached out to her, she said, “I have been acting for several years now and people have connected with me for the characters I have portrayed. However, apart from that, I am a girl with a unique style of dressing. When I uploaded pictures in a bikini, I was inundated with hate comments. People told me not to wear a bikini and were policing me on what I should wear instead. Isn’t it normal to wear a bikini on a beach?”

Ask her if she is subjected to trolling also because she has played more mythological characters and the actress replies, “I have been equally loved for the mythological characters I’ve played and also other characters from shows like Humsafars, Ek Rishta Saajhedari Ka and the web show Shoorveer. ”