Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; May 16, 2023)

It was recently reported that an FIR has been registered against Tajikistan singer Abdu Rozik for playing with a loaded gun at the launch of his restaurant in Mumbai on May 11. A day later, Abdu took to social media and clarified that some people were trying to sabotage his name by spreading lies. In an exclusive chat with Bombay Times, he spoke about the incident.

Abdu, who was seen in Bigg Boss 16, said, “Some people are trying to defame me and sabotage my business. I love India and everyone here, but I don’t understand why some people are targeting me. The reports made me very sad.”

Talking about the incident, he shared, “At the launch, I asked a bodyguard whether the gun he carried was real or fake. He handed me the gun and said, ‘See for yourself’. I held it for hardly a few seconds and returned it immediately. However, some people clicked pictures of me holding the gun and started circulating them.”