ANIL HELPED ME BE A
LOCAL IN INDIA: JEREMY
Jeremy Renner recalls how his old pal Anil Kapoor helped him during his visit to India
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; May 9, 2023)

Hollywood star Jeremy Renner, who is currently recovering from a near-death snow plough accident that occurred earlier this year, is making “great progress” in his recovery. In an exclusive chat with us, he talks about his experience visiting India last year. 

The Hawkeye (2021) actor reveals that he “played gully cricket in Rajasthan and attended desi wedding ceremonies”, among other things, during his visit. And he also expresses his gratitude towards his Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol (2011) co-star and old friend, Anil Kapoor, for just about everything.

“Meeting Anil in India was just great. I didn’t see him after 2011. When I came here, it sparked the idea of calling out a friend. I wanted to get all the help that I could get on this journey. Anil is a wonderful face and name for this culture and for India. In fact, he was a wonderful liaison, giving me a lot of insight and helping me be a local here. He was there for me as a friend, and I’m so thankful to him for being there for me,” shares Renner.  

During his trip to India, the 52-year-old also participated in a community service project with Kapoor in Rajasthan as part of his documentary mini-series, Rennervations, which is available on Disney+ Hotstar. Together, they helped “rebuild a delivery truck into a mobile water treatment facility to provide clean drinking water to underprivileged communities”.

Renner lastly talks about his deep emotional connection with India, saying that the memories of his trip will stay with him forever.

“I was deeply and emotionally affected in a very positive way and inspired by the country. I hope to come back soon,” the actor signs off.