Upasana reveals husband Ram Charan was ‘shaking’ during Naatu Naatu shoot

HINDUSTAN TIMES (April 4, 2023)

S S Rajamouli’s RRR (2022) had a long Oscar campaign in the US, which eventually came to an end when one of its songs, Naatu Naatu, won the Oscar in the Original Song category. Now, in an interview with Humans Of Bombay, actor Ram Charan’s wife, entrepreneur Upasana Kamineni Konidela, shares how important it was for her to be there for Charan, which included their trips to the US for the Oscar as well as the shooting of RRR.

She says, “I was there on the set of Naatu Naatu with him (Charan) in Ukraine where they were filming the entire routine. I just had to be there for him because he was physically shaking, and he needed as much support as he could get! During the dancing and things like that. LA (during the Oscars) was like a great vacation for me, and to be with him at that time was really nice [too]. Everyone around me was so warm, I didn’t even expect it. This was unknown territory for us, but everyone was so warm, it was really nice.”

Konidela acknowledges that Charan has been there for her through her tough times at work: “He (Charan) has been with me through some of my really, really tough times at work, and of course he is there with me during all my successes as well.”

Konidela and Charan have been married for over 10 years and are expecting their first child together this year. They announced their big news in December 2022, just as the Oscar buzz began for RRR.