Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; April 12, 2023)

As he is consumed with projects in this exciting phase of his career where he’s getting the opportunity to essay a range of characters, Sanjay Dutt isn’t getting as much time with his kids who live in Dubai. In the last few years, the actor, his wife Maanayata and his twins, son Shahraan and daughter Iqra moved to Dubai.

Post the pandemic, and especially after the release of KGF - Chapter 2, where his work won him a lot of appreciation, Sanjay has his platter full of projects that compel him to keep travelling back to Mumbai often. “Mostly I am shooting, and whenever I am not working, I travel to Dubai to spend time with my kids,” says the actor.

However, Sanjay an extremely involved and aware dad, who keeps a tab on his kid’s activities and is quite impressed with the talent he sees in his 12-year-olds.

The actor says, “My son is a footballer. He loves to play the sport and knows everything about it. Iqra, on the other hand, is more of an artiste. She paints beautifully and also plays the piano. I am impressed with today’s kids; they are so focused and innovative. We guys were not like that at all at their age. It is amazing watching them grow.”

Ask Dutt if his kids have been exposed to his films and he says, “They have watched a few of my films, but their favourite actor is Tiger Shroff.”

Dutt, who has been known for his swag, both on screen and off screen throughout his career, has immense praise for the younger generation of actors — for their acting chops and their style quotient. Ask him whose style statement he likes and he says, “I think Ranbir (Kapoor) is cool, I like the way he dresses. He is in sync with the youth today.”