My growth has slowed down since Irrfan left us, says Tigmanshu Dhulia
HINDUSTAN TIMES (April 14, 2023)

The death of actor Irrfan Khan in 2020 has affected filmmaker Tigmanshu Dhulia’s career. He believes that no other actor can portray complicated characters the way his long-time friend and collaborator Irrfan did.

“He was such a wonderful actor. I loved writing complicated characters and situations, because I knew he would be able to understand them and play them well. I believe there is no other actor who has that kind of understanding,” Dhulia told PTI.

The 55-year-old, who won his first National Film Award for Paan Singh Tomar (2012) while Irrfan bagged the Best Actor gong for the film, added, “Irrfan would push me as an artiste. My growth has slowed down since he left us. Even if I have to do something ambitious, I will not be able to do it because he is not with us.”

The duo worked together on films such as Haasil (2003) and Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns (2013). Irrfan died at the age of 54 following his battle with cancer.