‘WE
WANT TO
CREATE
A LEGACY
AS THE
PEDNEKAR
SISTERS’
This Siblings Day, Bhumi and Samiksha talk about how they celebrate each other every day
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 10, 2023)

They laugh, they cry, they fight but hug it out — the bond siblings share is unlike any other. Such is also the case for actor Bhumi Pednekar, 33, and her sister, lawyer Samiksha Pednekar, 30. Often seen setting #siblinggoals, it wouldn’t be wrong to say they wear their sisterhood proudly on their sleeves. Today, on Siblings Day, they get candid about their bond, being each other’s biggest cheerleader and more. Excerpts:

What significance does Siblings Day hold for you?
Samiksha: We celebrate each other every day. But, it’s good to have this one day where you can say out loud how much you love your sibling.
Bhumi: Every day is a celebration with a sibling. But yes, having one day where you can just go all out is very special.

How has your equation evolved? Would you quarrel a lot as kids, or do you now?
Bhumi: We have always been extremely close. Samiksha is my soulmate in so many ways. When we were young, we would fight over the silliest of things, like the [TV] remote, a spot on the table both of us want to sit at, clothes, etc. We still fight about the same things, minus the remote! But, we make up in minutes, because we can’t stay without each other. Today, we see our careers together, as business partners. We want to leave behind a legacy as the Pednekar sisters.
Samiksha: Bhumi is a parent and a best friend. She has played such an important part in me becoming the person I am today.

Between you two, who is the troublemaker?
Bhumi: Samiksha has always been a naughty child. She is feisty, I’m the calm one. She is someone who can put herself out there, confidently.
Samiksha: The confidence is because I have a strong support system. It gives me the courage to do all the crazy stuff I do. If I fall, I have my mum and sister to hold me. I am not naughty, they make me naughty (laughs).

As people in the public eye, how do you deal with the scrutiny, especially with social media in the picture?
Samiksha: I am more protective of Bhumi than she is of me. If I see some random [bad] comment on her Instagram post, I go to that person’s page and report them, even if they have no followers or posts.
Bhumi: As an elder sibling, the way I look out for Samiksha is a little different. She’s like my child, though our age gap isn’t a lot. She is like an organ in my body.
Samiksha: I am her heart!

You’ve done public appearances together. Have you considered taking it a step further by coming together on screen?
Bhumi: (Laughs) Maybe one day, there will be a reality show called Keeping up with the Pednekar sisters!