I will marry
when the
time is
right

Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 16, 2023)

Huma Qureshi has been fielding questions about her marriage plans from fans and well-wishers of late, but the 36-year-old is not in a hurry to tie the knot. “I will get married when I meet the [right] person, fall in love, and feel it is right for me,” shares the actor, who was bombarded with queries regarding the same during an Ask Me Anything session on social media. She continued to make a joke by speculating that her mother was the source of these persistent queries. 

Qureshi has had a busy 2022 with multiple releases, including Mithya, Maharani season 2, Valimai, Double XL and Monica, O My Darling. To unwind, she took a short break in Los Angeles, USA.

“Last year was too hectic for me, and my LA trip was a good break,” she says. But when she shared a picture of herself enjoying the sun in LA, the comment section was full of queries about who clicked the picture. Despite the constant scrutiny, she says she is grateful for her fans.

“The followers of my work mean the world to me. Their curiosity is normal,” the actor says, adding, “I don’t feel the pressure to get married just because people in the industry are getting married or because I am being constantly asked about it.”