I had very dangerous psychotic symptoms
HINDUSTAN TIMES (April 17, 2023)

In a recent interview, singer Yo Yo Honey Singh spoke at length about his mental health, including a time when he had “psychotic symptoms”. He told Pinkvilla, “I was on an America tour with Shah Rukh bhai (Shah Rukh Khan, actor) and before that, we were travelling like crazy. I sensed a few problems during the tours and in one show, it all crashed. I had very dangerous psychotic symptoms. I didn’t understand what was happening. I just wanted to go home. I saw a doctor, but he didn’t get it.”

Stating that India and the world at large “don’t have enough doctors” to treat cases like his, the De Taali (Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2, 2022) hitmaker went on to talk about finding the right expert.

“I needed experienced doctors. I used to wonder why, despite taking medicines for three years, my symptoms didn’t go. My family used to say, ‘He (doctor) has 30 years of experience’. I used to tell them, ‘I don’t have 30 years to give’,” he shared.

Since 2021, Singh said he has seen improvement in his health. “For five to six years, I couldn’t find the [right] doctor. Since June-July 2021, I have seen no symptoms. I am getting settled and slowly doing work. I am doing shows and also working on my fitness. I am taking fewer medicines and not recklessly. My new doctor from Delhi has entirely changed my life. The problem that I was facing for five years, for which I consulted seven doctors, he solved it in three months,” the Saiyaan Ji singer shared.