HUM SAATHSAATH HAIN!

Soumya Vajpayee (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 10, 2023)

Sugar, spice and everything nice! Musician sisters Akriti, Sukriti and Prakriti Kakar on their bond:

What’s the best quality in your sisters?
Akriti: I love my sisters’ ‘I will not fail’ spirit.
Prakriti: The best quality in my elder sister, Akriti, is her never-give-up attitude. Sukriti’s best quality is her punctuality.
Sukriti: My elder sister, Akriti, is the most decisive, hardworking and loyal person I know. Prakriti is fun and spontaneous.

As siblings in the same profession, is there ever a competition?
Akriti: Always. Sometimes weird sticky circumstances can create awkwardness and competition at home, but this was well thought through and dealt with peacefully each time a song was offered to either of them or me.
Prakriti: We are each other’s biggest cheerleaders and often take constructive criticism.
Sukriti: Definitely. I think since Prakriti and I are twin sisters, we learnt the concept of healthy competition since we were in school. There was always a healthy competition and the urge to always do better and improve, but never like doing better than each other.

Do you learn anything from your sisters? 
Akriti: Their free-spirited attitude inspires me. 
Prakriti: Even though we’re all siblings, we all have different personalities, and life is about embracing those differences. 
Sukriti: I’ve always learnt the power of believing in your dreams from my elder sister. Prakriti teaches me how to live in the moment.