Amy Jackson looks back at her career in film industry, says ‘I miss being in India’
Logesh Balachandran (BOMBAY TIMES; March 9, 2023)

Self-confidence is what makes a woman a superwoman, says Amy Jackson, who is now back in action in Indian cinema after almost four years. Talking to on the occasion of International Women’s Day that was celebrated yesterday, the actress, who has a three-year-old son, believes that even as a working mom, women can have it all if they are ready to work for it. Amy feels that confidence comes with age and experience and that a confident woman knows what she wants and deserves. Excerpts:

‘MY SON IS MY PRIORITY’
As a working mom, Amy says that all her decisions are made with son Andreas in mind. “My time is very precious, and I’m very selective about the projects I work on and the people I collaborate with. I’m very specific about where I put my time and my energy since my son is my priority,” says the star.

‘COMMUNICATION WITH KIDS IS THE KEY’
Speaking about why it’s important to teach children to communicate at an early stage, she says, “What I’ve learned is that the attitudes of men and women towards gender equality takes root at a young age. So, teaching empathy, compassion, and kindness is the number one rule for raising boys today. I talk about everything with my son, and I want him to be able to talk to me about anything. Communication is a must in a mother-son relationship,” she says.

‘EXCITED ABOUT THE FEMALE-CENTRIC FILM I’VE BEEN OFFERED’
Amy is working in a Hindi project with Vidyut Jammwal and a Tamil project with director Vijay, who had introduced her to the Tamil film industry with the period drama, Madrasapattinam. Talking about the latter, she says, “Just before the pandemic, I was supposed to shoot for a web series with Vijay sir. However, it was put on hold due to the pandemic. Once everything opened up, Vijay sir asked if I was on board for a film, and I was like, ‘Yes!’ It is an action movie, and I have a very different character,” says Amy. She says she was happy as her son was on the sets, watching her work.

Amy now wants to be part of movies that push her boundaries and excite her. “There are a few scripts that have come to me. One is a female-centric movie that will have horse-riding, horse racing and beautiful dialogues, so I’m really excited about it. I want to be passionate about the projects that I work in since my time is precious,” she says.