‘Someone told me to go to a dietician because I looked fat’
Actor Eisha Singh talks about her struggles and taunts she endured at the start of her career and
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 19, 2023)

While growing up as a teenage girl from Bhopal, the one thing Eisha Singh used to love to do was read celebrity interviews, scan through all kinds of news about Bollywood and enact film scenes with her life-sized doll. Thus, her training to be an actor has been so innate that if you ask the actor who she is seeing right now, pat comes the (cliche) reply, “My love story is my work. (laughs).”

Singh, 24, adds that she is “single and happy”. “It’s not like I’m looking for someone. I don’t have anybody. But when I find the right guy, I’ll let the world know,” she claims.

Other than her obsession with showbiz, she also revisits the taunts she had to endure, when she started out in 2015. “To transition from Bhopal to Mumbai was quite difficult. I used to call my dad and cry and mention that things aren’t easy. When you are a newcomer, people don’t treat you nicely. They think, ‘Nayi aayi hai, isko kya pata hoga’. Some people were supportive (but)... I remember in one of my shows, someone told me that I should go to a dietician because I looked fat. The other time, the same person told me, I should learn how to act. ‘You don’t know how to act’, they said,” she recalls.

Today, Singh has starred in four shows and a movie, however, there was a time when the actor used to “think it (career in acting) is not practical.” “When I came to Mumbai to audition for the TV show, Ishq ka Rang Safed, I looked at a billboard and wondered how the girl in it would be feeling. Within a few months I was on the same billboard,” she signs off.