ANKITA-VICKY’S
GUDI
PADWA
GOALS
Posing for a special shoot with HT City, Ankita Lokhande Jain and Vicky Jain are welcoming new year in a new home
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 22, 2023)

It’s their first Gudi Padwa in their new, swanky house in Mumbai. And actor Ankita Lokhande Jain is ready on time, while her businessman-husband, Vicky Jain, takes some more. Marathi songs are playing on the home entertainment system, and she greets us in total festive mode, dancing and singing.

“For me, this day is very important. Jabse Vicky meri life mein aaye hain, we celebrate it together every year; and after our marriage, this is the second time,” she says, with Vicky chiming in, “For me, it’s more like being introduced to Gudi Padwa. The first year we celebrated it in our Malad house; this time it’s in our new Andheri house!”

According to Ankita, the best part about the Maharashtrian New Year is that the entire family comes together. “I have seen it since I was a child — my mum, my nani... Sab log milte hain, khaane ki cheezein banti hain. There are rituals; we do the gudi’s pooja. I am fascinated by all this. I like putting haldi and kumkum for the festival,” she smiles.

Vicky points out that it marks a new beginning: “December 31 is entirely spent in a party mood; this new year is traditional. Iske maayne zyaada hain.”

Ankita believes that whatever work is started on this day, you are bound to be successful in it. When asked what they are embarking on this time, Vicky answers first: “We are working on ourselves very seriously. We have set major fitness goals, and we are trying to meet them.” 

What’s a conversation about a festival without bringing up sweets? He quips, “I have asked Ankita for imarti; maine kabhi khayi nahin, toh I asked, ki yeh arrange kar ke dein!” And pat comes her reply: “Aam ras bana hai, Gudi Padwa ka special. Par inhone bola hai toh main apne pati ki aagya ka paalan karungi!”

ANKITA-VICKY’S
GUDI
PADWA
GOALS