Filmmaker Pradeep Sarkar Dies At 67, Ajay Devgn And Other Stars Pay Tribute

BOMBAY TIMES (March 25, 2023)

VIDYA AND I WOULD PLAY PRANKS ON DADA, BUT HE WOULD NEVER GET ANGRY: RAIMA SEN
I still can’t believe the news that Dada is no more! Boudi, his wife, gave me the news. I have worked on numerous ad films with him and in Parineeta. In fact, he was the person who convinced Vidhu Vinod Chopra to cast me in Eklavya. I went to his home to meet him after the lockdown. I shared a beautiful rapport with him where I could walk into his office or home without a prior appointment. Dada used to be super cool on the sets. I remember Vidya and I would play pranks on Dada, but he would never get angry. Food used to play an important role on his sets since he enjoyed eating. Dada will remain with us forever.

IT FEELS LIKE I HAVE LOST A FAMILY MEMBER: RANI MUKERJI
I am shocked by the news of Dada’s passing away. I, in fact, spoke to him just the other day when I had gone to Amritsar, to the Golden Temple, where he had called me telling me about my film so we had a long chat. He was insisting on a video call, but the network was not good, so I was unable to do that. We were planning to meet this week… but this is just so unexpected. I had a great connection with him, we’ve done a lot of work together over the years, so it’s literally like losing a family member. I will hold on to my last memory of him being so happy and excited for me when he had called me to share the feedback he was getting for my film and me from all over.

HUGE LOSS TO THE FILM & AD WORLD: RIDDHI SEN
This a huge loss to the film and advertising world, but I will miss Pradeep Sarkar the human being the most. He was one of the most passionate, honest and empathetic people I’ve known, a person with an incredible sense of humour and a heart of gold.

DADA, YOU WILL BE MISSED: KAJOL
Dada, you will be missed. Your sense of humour, humility and all the work you put into your films will always be remembered. RIP

‘A BRILLIANT FILMMAKER FULL OF LIFE, ENERGY, AND POSITIVITY’

AJAY DEVGN: The news of Pradeep Sarkar’s demise, ‘Dada’ to some of us is still hard to digest. My deepest condolences. My prayers are with the departed and his family. RIP Dada (sic).

SWANAND KIRKIRE: Filmmaker and dearest friend Pradeep Sarkar the mad man left us this morning. Dada your passion for the art of cinema will stay in your works! Duniya bhar ki mitti ikatthi karte the ab jannat ki mitti dibiya mein bharna. Thank you for loving me and my words (sic).

ABHISHEK BACHCHAN: Terrible news to wake up to. Rest in peace, Dada. Thank you for the love and for making me a small part of your life. Will miss you. #PradeepSarkar (sic).

RITUPARNA SENGUPTA: I am one of the privileged ones who had an opportunity to work with you in two ad films. You have always made us proud, you have left us too early. My condolences to the entire family (sic).

NEIL NITIN MUKESH: In my heart and in my fond memories of him, Dada will always be remembered as that grownup child with the vision of a genius. He was full of life, energy, and positivity. A brilliant husband and brother. He loved eating chalk, and I would always tease him for that.

RAJEEV KHANDELWAL: That I spent some time with him... that I got the opportunity to know him... that I knew I was close to him... that I knew he loved me too is enough for me to cherish his life. When I crossed that line of professionalism and developed that emotional bond with him the only worry was his health. Those innumerable lectures of trying to shake him from his complacency on the health front and those innumerable ‘I know you love me’ smiles on his face as the response. My short-lived journey with him will be large enough for me to miss him for life. If I could reach him, I would say... thank you, Dada, for giving me those moments. You will remain special forever (sic).

TAHIR RAJ BHASIN: I will always remember Pradeep Dada with eternal gratitude as the man who trusted me with Mardaani. I remember being extremely nervous on day one of the shoot. It was a production-heavy day, we were holding up traffic, and there were 100 junior artists on set — an intimidating environment for a first-timer. After my first take, I waited with bated breath as he watched the monitor. After what seemed like an eternity, he yelled out for the entire set to hear, “that was great!”. That validation still rings in my ears when I walk onto a set to this day. He was a visionary par excellence and ahead of his time. He lives on in the films he created.

— With inputs from Renuka Vyavahare & Ruman Ganguly
---------------------------------------
HINDUSTAN TIMES (March 25, 2023)

Hansal Mehta: Pradeep Sarkar. Dada. RIP.” Sharing Mehta’s tweet, actor Manoj Bajpayee also condoled his death and wrote, “Ohh! That’s so shocking! Rest in peace Dada!! (sic).”

Ajay Devgn: “The news of Pradeep Sarkar’s demise, ‘Dada’ to some of us is still hard to digest. My deepest condolences (flower bouquet). My prayers are with the departed and his family. RIP Dada (sic).”

Kajol: “Dada, you will be missed. Your sense of humor, humility and all the work you put into your films will always be remembered :pray: RIP (sic).”

Abhishek Bachchan: “Terrible news to wake up to. Rest in peace Dada. Thank you for the love and for making me a small part of your life. Will miss you (sic).”

Nimrat Kaur: “Had the great pleasure of being on his set a few times in my modeling days. His hearty laughter and relentless perfectionism will forever be etched in my heart. Deepest condolences to his loved ones. Rest on Dada…the heavens above are a happier place. #RIPPradeepSarkar (sic).”