Prathamesh Bandekar (BOMBAY TIMES; March 20, 2023)

Alaya F is extremely passionate about fitness, and over the years, the Jawaani Jaaneman actress has turned to yoga to stay in shape. She credits yoga and meditation for her high energy and fitness levels. Alaya did an exclusive shoot with Bombay Times at Bandra Fort, where she gave us a glimpse of her yoga routine and spoke about her diet essentials and fitness mantra.

‘I WAS NOT AIMING TO FIND PEACE WHEN I STARTED DOING YOGA’
Talking about how yoga has helped her beyond physical fitness, the Freddy actress says, “Practising yoga has opened up my body. Now, if I don’t practise yoga for a while, my body starts feeling tight, and I don’t feel like myself. When I started doing yoga, I just wanted to get fit...I didn’t really have any other goals in mind. In fact, I told my yoga instructor that I’m not interested in finding mental peace, I just want to get ripped. But the beauty of yoga is that by default, you end up finding a sense of calm and peace.”

‘YOU CAN START DOING YOGA AT ANY STAGE’
Encouraging people to pursue yoga and believe in self-care, she says, “Don’t ever doubt your body! You can start doing yoga at any stage, and the essential practice of it remains the same. It’s never too early or too late to start. Don’t underestimate your body, as it’s capable of amazing things. You just need to believe in it and not be scared. For me, self-care goes beyond just fitness. Self-care involves your mental health and the way you talk to your own body and mind.”

‘DANCE IS ALSO A GREAT FORM OF WORKOUT’
Today, most actors practice various fitness forms, including dancing, and Alaya, too, has developed a liking for it. She shares, “For a long time, I was a bad dancer, so when I wanted to learn how to dance properly, I started doing it for seven hours a day. There was no other way for me to learn. It became a great form of workout for me, and it’s super fun!”