When Sajjad  had to let go  of War due  to visa issues
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 7, 2023)

For an artiste, losing a dream project can be upsetting. Case in point: Iranian actor Sajjad Delafrooz, who admits that missing out on filmmaker Siddharth Anand’s War (2019) left him “heartbroken”.

Talking about missing out on the Pathaan director’s Hrithik Roshan-starrer, the Special Ops actor says, “Since I was new to India back then, my documentation and visa processing took time. Things were delayed by almost two-three days and since they were shooting abroad, they had locked the location. I lost the job due to a delay of two days. But I don’t blame anyone as everyone was doing their job. I didn’t know how to deal with it back then. I just told myself that I have to give my 100% to everything, whether it is audition or acting on set.”

While War was a box-office success, missing out on the film pricked the 39-year-old further because it was the first project that was offered to him after his debut outing, Tiger Zinda Hai (2017).

“It was not a good feeling. But, you get used to it after a point. However, back then, I was quite shocked. I thought, ‘only 48 hours [and I missed it]’. I couldn’t catch that train and I lost my job. But, it was a learning process for me,” Delafrooz ends.