Actor Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor Trolled For The 'Sad Reality Of My Life' Comment

Renuka Vyavahare (BOMBAY TIMES; February 9, 2023)

In 2017, it was announced that Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor will essay the role of Olympic gold medallist shooter Abhinav Bindra.

There has been curiosity around the project ever since, given Abhinav’s journey. The project, however, has been in the making for a while, and who better than Harsh to let us in on its progress.

The actor said, “I am acting and producing that film with my father (Anil Kapoor). Abhinav is a unique individual. He is not your stereotypical athlete. He is a very quiet guy and has a dry sense of humour. Shooting is a very psychological sport, and this is not your standard rags-to-riches story. We are trying to develop a narrative that is true to who Abhinav is. We are trying to make it cinematic and, at the same time, true to his nature and life.”

Harsh Varrdhan is aiming for a 2024 release. He shared, “This year, we will shoot and edit the film. It should be out next year. It will be my first theatrical film after six years. My last release was Bhavesh Joshi Superhero in 2018. I want the Abhinav Bindra biopic to be a theatrical. I am very ambitious, and while films like Ray and Thar, which I have been a part of, are unique pieces (OTT releases), I believe that just because your films are not conventional, it doesn’t mean that they can’t make money. I refuse to believe that. I want to make a difference and do something about it. I feel this film will be an original piece of work and I have faith that if we end up executing what we have in our mind and heart, people will love it.”

Earlier, talking to BT about the film, Abhinav had said, “Often in sports biopics, you see athletes as strong individuals. They are almost like superhumans. That’s the message that comes across, but athletes are as ordinary and vulnerable like anybody else. I was an extremely ordinary and vulnerable guy who worked hard. I would like that to come across in my biopic.”

Speaking of Harsh, he had said, “He works hard, is a thinker and will do a good job. How he gets into my mind space to portray me on screen as far as my mannerisms or wit is concerned, is up to him.”