sonalee kuljkarni
The actress is all set to star in Malayali film titled Malaikottai Valiban
Preeti Atulkar (BOMBAY TIMES; February 4, 2023)

Sonalee Kulkarni has carved a name for herself in the Marathi industry with films like Hirkani, Victoria etc. The actress is now all set to foray into Malayalam cinema with Angamaly Diaries and Jallikattu filmmaker Lijo Jose Pellissery’s next, titled Malaikottai Valiban. The film features Mohanlal in the lead.

Speaking to us, Sonalee says that the project, a musical period drama, came to her unexpectedly. “I was not working particularly towards getting into a different industry, but when this opportunity came my way I felt truly honoured. I have been a fan of Lijo’s films and, of course, admire Mohanlal sir, so I couldn’t have asked for more.”

Sonalee, who is half Punjabi, also wishes to do a Punjabi language film. “I am well versed with the culture and language. It will be great if I get such an opportunity,” she says.