My best friend became my spouse, says Hansika Motwani

Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 1, 2023)

Last year, actor Hansika Motwani started a new chapter of her life when she got married to her long-time boyfriend, businessman Sohael Khaturiya. “A wedding is a fairy tale for every girl. I was surrounded by my loveable family, close friends, relatives and well-wishers as my best friend became my spouse,” the actor says in her first interview after marriage.

Motwani got married on December 4, 2022, at the 450-year-old Mundota Palace near Jaipur (Rajasthan). Talking about the elaborate affair, the Singam 2 (2013) actor says, “My mum played a major role in planning and executing every single aspect. My brother, Sohael and his parents made the entire journey smoother.”

While the 31-year-old has always been guarded about her personal life, for her wedding, she decided to throw caution to the wind and take her fans behind the scenes. A web show featuring her wedding celebrations will be releasing on OTT soon.

Sharing why she felt the need to share moments from her wedding with her fans, Motwani, who entered the industry as a child artiste with the TV show Shaka Laka Boom Boom, says, “Every fan is a part of my family. We wanted to have the presence of as many fans as possible, but that couldn’t happen due to logistic issues. Although I enjoyed my wedding celebrations, I missed their presence. I am glad that the show will allow my fans, friends and well-wishers to experience my wedding celebrations.”