MORE FILMS TO MAKE MORE MONEY IS NOT A MOTIVATOR

Hrithik Roshan talks about his selective approach and why he likes to space out his projects
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 31, 2023)

Hrithik Roshan has never been one to do multiple films at a time, as he likes to focus entirely on the project at hand. Even now, his complete attention is on Fighter, directed by Siddharth Anand. Talking about the prep, the actor says, “It’s going well. Sid’s movies are always tough, which means they make me tough too.”

In his two-decade-long acting career, the 49-year-old has never felt insecure despite being selective about the work he does: “The concept of more films for visibility has never made sense to me. More films to make more money isn’t a motivator either. I have done every movie that I actually wanted to do. There hasn’t been a time when I had to sacrifice a great script because I was not free. If there are more scripts that excite me, I’d be doing more films, period.”

Another movie that has been creating buzz is the fourth instalment of the Krrish franchise and Roshan assures that it’s underway as we speak: “A little more every day, yes.”

While his work commitments continue, the Vikram Vedha (2022) actor ensures that he takes time out for his family, which is evident on social media too. He says he consciously tries to strike a balance between his personal and work life.

He says, “My family and personal life are of primary importance to me. I did struggle with striking a balance earlier. I remember, after the release of Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai (2000), I didn’t spend enough time with my family or take the day off to soak in the love that was coming my way. Being a public figure doesn’t come naturally to me. But, over the years, I have realised the importance of work-life balance. I now work up my calendar in a manner that allows me to give my 100% to my professional commitments and amply nourish my heart and soul in the presence of my loved ones.”