it’s sad; young gen aims to be slimmer, not healthy
Health is wealth and if one doesn’t take care of themselves and is unable to do their job well, then it’s a shame, says Bhagyashree
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 26, 2023)

Bhagyashree can easily give younger stars a run for their money; she has maintained herself that well. The actor, who turned 54 on February 23, shares that she feels incredibly happy when people praise her: “I can’t express how I feel when people compliment me. Some time back, I was in a really bad condition and had some health issues. But this is a motivation for me to keep my journey healthy.”

She is, however, saddened by the unhealthy dieting fads practiced by many, including those within showbiz: “I feel very sad when I see the younger generation aiming to become slimmer, and not healthy. Health comes first. You can fit into a size four dress and have a cinched waist, but at the end of the day, if you faint, don’t look after yourself and you can’t do your work, then it is pathetic.”

Bhagyashree adds, “I keep laughing at youngsters who go out on dates. The whole idea of having a dinner date is to eat and meet. You have to enjoy your meal! I tell this to all of my daughter Avantika’s friends.”

But what about the changing beauty standards in showbiz? “Fortunately, OTT content has opened up everyone’s minds to more real people. That is what matters right now,” says the actor, who will be seen next in the film Happy Teacher’s Day.

Lastly, she says that what makes her birthday special is that her son, actor Abhimanyu Dassani, celebrates his birthday a day before her! “I just feel happy about that, it surpasses anything that could possibly happen on any other birthday,” she laughs.