I have experienced privilege, why must I hide from that?
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 25, 2023)

There was no big studio backing the launch of late actor Irrfan’s son Babil Khan, nor did the latter play the protagonist in his debut film, Qala (2022). That’s because he is trying to carve a niche for himself without feeding off his dad’s legacy and privileges that come with being who he is.

“I’ve experienced privilege in life, why must I hide from that truth? I am not trying to battle any questions that come with privilege,” says the 24-year-old, adding, “To use privilege as a short cut to success is not our way, but to utilize [that] privilege to grow and evolve is essential. This notion arises in me from the understanding that life gives you privilege as an opportunity, but the way you put that opportunity into effect is the test of your character. Instead of using my privilege to fetch work, I utilize the privilege of baba’s connections through being around and absorbing from people that are masters of the craft. I then apply the knowledge gained from those experiences in auditions and my work.”

Going forward, what does his plan look like? “What I desire today is probably different from what I may desire tomorrow. Why must I burden myself and limit my experience with something as unreliable as a plan?” he reasons.

“My way is to dream big and work relentlessly on the craft that is the source of passion in my dreams and life will take care of the rest, the planning in particular. I am not here to plan for myself, I am here to enjoy the experience of life’s plan for me. There is no plan, there is an eventual goal which is of internal evolution and that’s it,” Babil wraps up.