I can’t say no to any film: Jackie Shroff
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 2, 2023)

Jackie Shroff has never turned down a film in his career, which now spans four decades. When we ask why, the actor says, “I feel bad.” He goes on to tell us that he may have turned down a few projects somewhere, sometimes only because there was an issue with the availability of dates.

“I [even] say yes to projects [pitched by] an assistant, a student or a camera person — that’s a problem I have. The only time I have said no is when I need to accommodate the dates for all the films that I have said yes to,” says Shroff, who turned 66 on February 1.

The actor is noted for being suave and stylish. How he reacts to all the compliments he receives, till today. He laughs, “I just take all these compliments very beautifully; I hug that person. I feel the eyes that are watching me are beautiful. You look at them, and you find your own reflection, bhidu.”

On the work front, he is set to reunite with actor Rajinikanth for his next film Jailer, 36 years after Uttar Dakshin (1987). Confirming the news, he tells us, “It is a cameo. I wasn’t able to say no to the project because I respect Rajini garu a lot. He is a friend and a superstar, and I like him a lot. In fact, my whole family, including my mum, likes him too much.”

While he continues to be busy with a number of projects, his recent venture, where he lent his voice as the narrator for the Hall Of Fame’s light and sound show in Leh on the occasion of Martyrs’ Day on January 30, remains special: “I am planning to go there in March or April and sit and watch it.”