‘I AM CRAZY ENOUGH TO DO SOMETHING COURAGEOUS’

Though she is prepping for her debut in Bollywood, what’s really got Avika Gor excited is her foray as a producer
Syeda Eba Fatima (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 8, 2023)

Actor Avika Gor is looking forward to a busy year ahead, with back-to-back projects in the Hindi and South Indian film industries. What she probably is most excited about, however, it is her production Popcorn, which was announced recently.

Ask her what it is about cinema that she would want to explore further, and Gor says, “I love cinema as a whole. Even when I am watching a movie with my friends and family, what I am actually looking at are the VFX and learning something from there. That’s the kind of love I have for cinema.”

Even on the set of the upcoming film 1920: Horrors Of The Heart, her Bollywood debut, Gor tried to learn filmmaking techniques. “Whenever I had time, I’d go to the PCR (production control room) and figure out how they were working with VFX. I tried to learn as much as possible as I really feel there is a lot more that I can do,” says the Balika Vadhu actor.

Gor is certainly mesmerized by the charm of the big screen, but would she rather release her debut film on OTT, which is considered a safe bet for producers these days? “I have very consciously decided to release the film in theatres. We want the youth to take their families out and have an experience. When it comes to business, streaming platforms have made our jobs easy, but I am crazy enough to do something courageous,” says the 25-year-old actor.

Gor is willing to put in the hard work that releasing a film in the theatres needs. “You have to have long meetings with distributors, go all out to market your film and do a hundred other tasks. I feel if, we put in so much effort to make a good project, only then the audience will come to the theatres,” she wraps up.