Anushka Sen: I want to work with Rohit Shetty

Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; February 20, 2023)

She may be just 20, but Anushka Sen is already exploring different avenues. After working in several TV shows as a child artiste and participating in Khatron Ke Khiladi, she is currently shooting for the Korean film, Asia, which will mark her debut in South Korean cinema.

She shares, “As the title suggests, the film features people from all over Asia and I feel fortunate to represent India in it. I play an assassin, which is a first for me.”

The actress wrapped up the first schedule of the film in mid-November last year and is expected to reunite with the unit in March for the next schedule. Sharing her experience of shooting in a foreign land, she says, “I had an amazing experience shooting in Korea. Hopefully, I will be going back for the next schedule soon. There are many similarities between the Indian and the Korean film industries – people are passionate and hardworking. Like us, they, too, don’t care about putting in extra hours if it results in better output.”

Anushka has been a huge K-drama and K-films fan. With this film, she hasn’t just realized her dream of featuring in a K-film but also shooting on the Han River Bridge. She shares, “I started watching Korean content during the pandemic and fell in love with it. Among other things, I was particularly fascinated by the Han River Bridge. Can you believe that I actually shot some scenes on the Han River Bridge? It was like a dream come true.”

Meanwhile, she is learning Korean to help her interact better. She says, “I picked some words, especially greetings while watching K-shows. My translator was pleasantly surprised when I understood the instructions at the shoot without having him explain them to me (smiles). People in Korea are very welcoming and never make me feel like a foreigner.”

Anushka wishes to strike a balance between her Indian projects and Korean assignments. “The Indian TV industry has given me so much love for the past 12 years and I want to continue working here. However, now that I am getting an opportunity to work internationally, I want to become a bridge between Indian and Korean cinema and even Hollywood. Dreaming big always gets you closer to your goal! I will work hard and give my best in everything I take up,” she concludes.