Things are looking better in my 50s, says Bobby Deol

Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 30, 2023)

Bobby Deol, who just turned 54, is thoroughly enjoying his 50s. “Things have been looking better than before since I entered my 50s. I have more clarity now. You always understand yourself better [with age], and I have had new experiences as an actor,” shares Deol.

The actor, who made his big-screen debut as a lead in the 1995 blockbuster Barsaat, which was followed by several hits, including Gupt (1997), Soldier (1998), Badal, Bichhoo (both 2000) and Humraaz (2002), credits the new-age platform OTT for helping artistes showcase a broader spectrum.

“The kind of cinema that is made now caters to different age categories; it’s amazing how OTT has given so much scope for actors to showcase their work,” adds the actor, who tasted fame on the web with the series Class Of '83 and Aashram.

“I wish I had learnt faster, but everyone has their own way of understanding things. Things changed a little late in my life, but I don’t regret it. I’m getting good work,” says Deol, who will be seen in Animal alongside actor Ranbir Kapoor and will make his Telugu debut in Hari Hara Veera Mallu soon.

On the personal front, his birthday this year was a homely affair, with his elder son, Aryaman, flying down from the US just to be with him on the day: “There was a havan in the morning, and then I chilled with my boys.”