Suhana Khan

Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; January 22, 2023)

Ananya Panday is excited that her closest friends, Suhana Khan and Shanaya Kapoor, are gearing up to make their Bollywood debut this year. The three girls have been friends since childhood and would share their acting aspirations. Shah Rukh and Gauri Khan’s daughter Suhana will start her journey in films with Zoya Akhtar’s The Archies, while Sanjay and Maheep Kapoor’s daughter, Shanaya, will be seen in Karan Johar’s production Bedhadak.

Being the first one among the three to step into the industry as an actress, ask Ananya whether she doles out any tips to her friends from time to time, and she laughs and says, “Whenever we meet, we just have normal discussions, just like when three friends meet and talk. It’s not like I sit down and impart wisdom. I don’t feel I am in a position to do that anyway.”

Ananya adds, “To me, they are my best friends who I have grown up with; our equation won’t change. I don’t think they would give me that kind of importance to come and ask me for advice (laughs). We learn from each other and also trouble each other equally. I don’t think anything has changed as far as our dynamics are concerned.”

Ananya, who made her debut with Karan Johar’s production Student Of The Year 2 (2019), is currently working in Kho Gaye Hum Kahan, backed by Zoya Akhtar. The actress is glad that her friends are working with talented makers.

She says, “They are working with rock-solid people who can guide them. Shanaya is working with Karan Johar and Suhana is working with Zoya Akhtar... that’s so exciting! I am really looking forward to their debuts!”