People’s perception about me is not in my hands, says Patralekhaa

Syeda Eba Fatima (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 17, 2023)

Most actors would be worried about audience forgetting them if they’re away from the screen for long. But not Patralekhaa, who isn’t bothered about no releases in 2022.

“Whether the viewers have forgotten me or not is not my concern. I believe in continuing to do work that makes me happy. If it is good when it comes out, it will undoubtedly strike a chord with the audience,” the Citylights (2014)actor shares.

She adds, “I work for myself; to feel happy and satisfied with what I am putting out there. So largely, I feel it is more about me. Apart from that, how and what people perceive about me is really not in my hand. That’s why it does not affect me so much.”

She is thankful for living in the age of social media, as it helps her stay relevant, no matter which part of the world she is in. “Today, you are truly alive if you are on a social media platform. I feel the reach of these apps is so vast, that if you put up a picture, it brings you back in the game. It does not let the audience forget you,” she tells us.

Patralekhaa doesn’t feel that being away from the screen will translate into a dearth of work, because the industry is a close-knit unit. “Everybody knows who is being cast for what, our industry is pretty close-knit that way. So, I am not apprehensive because I do not have to go out and ask for work. They already know what’s coming and what I am working on. And these are the people who are going to give me work,” she concludes.