For Sharib, Vikram Vedha  was a success, despite its lukewarm box-office response
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 17, 2023)

Though Hrithik Roshan and Saif Ali Khan-starrer Vikram Vedha (2022) didn’t manage to earn the expected numbers at the box office, Sharib Hashmi feels the project benefitted his career. The actor, who played the antagonist in the Pushkar–Gayathri directorial, feels the movie helped him with an image makeover.

“I was overwhelmed with the response my character Babloo bhaiya got. Mehnat ki thi iss film pe. Pehli baar aisa kirdaar play kar raha tha. The directors really worked hard on my character,” he says.

The Family Man actor adds, “Vikram Vedha was a win-win for me. I played a supporting role, but I got appreciation messages from many people from the industry. Even though it was commercially unsuccessful, mere liye Vikram Vedha bahut badi success thi.”

Addressing the disappointing box-office numbers, the 46-year-old says they were “a mystery” for the team, too. “It had all the right things — Hrithik Roshan, Saif Ali Khan, comedy, action… When a film doesn’t perform as per expectations, it is saddening. It’s a different thing to be associated with a film that works, because one benefits from it. For example, in Scam 1992, I just had one scene and it got appreciation. I am only seen in the beginning, but even then people remember me,” he ends.