Chhavi Mittal
Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; January 8, 2023)

When actress Chhavi Mittal posted a picture in a bikini – proudly flaunting her scar that she has got post her breast cancer surgery – netizens appreciated her spirit and the strength she has shown in the past year. 

When we spoke to Chhavi, she said, “Honestly, 2022 has been one of the best years of my life. Yes, when I first heard about it, I was totally shaken up, but gradually I picked myself up, and this whole experience has made me even stronger. I have started appreciating my body a lot more now compared to earlier.”

She added, “It was diagnosed in April, and now I am still recovering. I don’t know if I will fully recover or whether things will be like this forever, but I can say that the entire year has been about celebrating my health and life. Trying to feel normal physically and mentally was the highlight of the year that went by.”

There have been restrictions, but she is managing to work around them. She shared, “After my surgery, I am unable to do a pull-up, and I want to be able to do it again. I am working towards that. I am happy that I am able to do chin ups, and these are the small goals and victories that I am eyeing right now. Diet has also been a problem for me since April, so I want to work on that too. And yes, I want to travel a lot in the new year. It gives me a lot of peace and helps me rejuvenate.”