Aparshakti Khurana: Haven't been called out for nepotism yet because I have had a different journey from my brother

During his recent visit to Goa, Aparshakti Khurana spoke about his love for the state films and his family ties
Kimberly Colaco (BOMBAY TIMES; January 26, 2023)

A parshakti Khurana, who was recently in Goa, made the most of his work trip. The actor, radio jockey and television host loves visiting Goa. “Where I stay depends on the things I want to do. If I want to relax, it’s the south, if I want to party, then it’s the north,” he says, in between sips of cool coconut water.

‘I LOVE MY FAMILY TIME’
Since becoming a dad to daughter Arzoie in 2021, he has realigned his priorities. “Earlier, I used to get off a flight and go to my office or shoots, but now I go home first, visit my daughter and only then go to work. ” The actor loves being a dad and taking on daddy duties. He says, “I like to come home immediately after shoots. Now I try to take longer projects in Mumbai, and travel only occasionally.”

‘MY COMEDY FILMS ARE CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED’
Having completed shoots for the films Berlin, Jubilee and Jab Khuli Kitab, he is now looking to work in genres other than comedy as well. So does he fear being stereotyped? “An actor is stereotyped till he starts doing bad, unsuccessful, flop films. My comedy films are doing well and some are critically acclaimed. But I don’t think I am stereotyped. If I were, I wouldn’t have been a part of films like Dhokha Round D Corner, Berlin or Jubliee,” he signs off.

AYUSHMANN AND I HAVE A RAM-LAKHAN RELATIONSHIP
Aparshakti says his elder brother Ayushmann Khurrana has always been his rock and guide. “Having an elder brother in the industry really helps; there are times when I get scolded, if I’m doing something wrong, but I need that discipline. At the end of the day, he is my older brother. He makes sure that I sleep on time, if I have a shoot the next day,” says Aparshakti.

Talking of his relationship with his bhaiya through the years, he says, “We have always shared a typical elder-younger brother bond and I have always looked up to him. We come from a small town and a middle-class family, and were brought up in a way where I had to touch his feet and take his blessing. So, we’ve always had a Ram-Lakhan kind of relationship.”