Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; December 3, 2022)

Rushad Rana is all set to tie the knot with girlfriend Ketaki Walawalkar, who is a creative director for a TV show. The couple will wed in Mumbai on January 4. Rushad is excited to start this new chapter in his life.

He says, “Ketaki is a very sorted, mature and nice girl. We met about a year ago and our first date was on January 4, so we chose this date to get married. After my divorce in 2013, I was sceptical about tying the knot again and had commitment issues. But when I met Ketaki, everything seemed perfect from day one. And no one proposed to each other, we just understood that this was a natural progression. One day, she just asked me what kind of a wedding I would like, and we realized that we wanted to take this relationship to the next level. On January 4, after our wedding, will throw a small party for our friends in the evening.”

He adds, “My parents are very fond of Ketaki and although I am a Parsi and she is a Maharashtrian, both our families are excitedly looking forward to this celebration.”

Ketaki, who is the creative director of the TV show Anupamaa, shares that she can’t wait for the D-Day. “We connected on a dating site, but I already knew Rushad since he was acting in Anupamaa and we had interacted on the sets of the show. So, it never felt that I was dating a stranger. The best part about Rushad is his honesty. He is a very understanding and sorted guy and we are both very similar.”

Talking about their big day, she shares, “I will have a mehendi function at my place before the wedding. I will dress as a Maharastrian bride and I can’t wait to start this new chapter of my life with Rushad.”