I might get calls for pregnant woman roles, quips Gauahar
Kavita Awaasthi (HINDUSTAN TIMES; December 24, 2022)

Actor Gauahar Khan and her husband, actor-content creator Zaid Darbar will be parents soon. In an exclusive chat, the excited mum-to-be says that she is looking forward to this phase of her life. “Zaid and I are really excited. We want to cherish this time despite being in the limelight. I want to keep things as low-key as possible, but being a public figure, I wanted to put it out as well and take the blessings of people who have been with me. This will be a new journey for both of us. I can’t put my finger on exactly how I am feeling,” Khan says.

The couple took to social media on Tuesday to announce that they’d be parents soon. They shared an animated reel and captioned it, “One became two when Z met G. And now the adventure continues as we soon become three. Inshaallah seeking all your prayers and blessings in this beautiful journey (sic).”

Khan, who is due in May 2023, reveals that she was working non-stop through her first trimester. “I shot for an action show and I was so enthusiastic that I even did a few stunts. I will be working through January, as I have many live events. So, there will be a lot of travel. And, I have things lined up till mid-February. People have been telling me to not work so much. Maybe now, for the next five months, I’ll get calls for pregnant woman roles,” quips Khan, who got married in December 2020.

Embracing motherhood soon is an indescribable feeling, says Khan, who admits that she’s good with kids, thanks to her nieces and nephews: “I have felt like a mother to them and have been there for them. I am sure the feelings for my child will be multifold.”

The Tandav actor, who has been working for two decades, says she might consider slowing down a bit during pregnancy and after having the baby, but she won’t take a pause. “I will keep working, as I don’t think I would be able to do without work,” Khan ends.